Friday, October 10, 2008

Executive Education Seminar: Privacy in the Workplace

November 13, 2008 at the Rivers Club - Pittsburgh, PA

Presented by: Douglas M. Hottle and Quinn A. Johnson

Seminar Description: Privacy in the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know About Getting, Using and Protecting Employee Information

Nearly three-quarters of major U.S. firms report that they record and review their employees’ communications and activities on the job, including their phone calls, e-mail, Internet connections and computer files. While employers have a legitimate business interest in tracking their employees’ workplace activities to protect safety, ensure productivity, and even to comply with anti-discrimination laws, employers need to avoid inappropriate and unreasonable invasions of employees’ privacy interests.

This seminar will help employers who find themselves asking:
  • Can I monitor my employee’s cell phone conversations throughout the work day?
  • Can I search an employee’s purse or personal belongings?
  • Can I access their personal E-mail account during work hours?
  • Can I censor my employee’s blog?
  • Can I monitor an employee’s location throughout the day?
Please RSVP by November 7th to Beth Ansell or call 412-456-2552.

No comments: